top of page

Group

Public·17 members
Luke Phillips
Luke Phillips

Where Can I Buy Embroidery Thread

There are so many different brands of thread available for hand embroidery. Choosing the best embroidery thread that is made of the highest quality fibers is a must so that your project will turn out nice and last a long time. This post focuses mainly around cotton embroidery floss, which is commonly used in surface embroidery, but you can check out this other post I made to learn more about all of the different types of embroidery threads used in hand embroidery.

where can i buy embroidery thread

We offer machine embroidery thread in carefully selected sets as well as individual 1000 meter and 5000 meter cones. Shop with confidence, all of our embroidery thread is used on a daily basis on our own high speed machines.

Congrats on getting your first embroidery machine. Embroidery is fun and easy if you are using the correct supplies. As experienced embroiderers already know, there are a lot of threads to choose from and it can be very confusing to someone just starting out. This guide will help you pick the best embroidery thread to use on your machine and describe the different types available.

As a beginner, it's tempting to go out and buy the lowest cost thread you can find online; unfortunately, most of the time cheap thread is going to cause more problems than what you got in savings. Starting off with a high quality brand of thread like Madeira, will ensure you trouble free stitching from the start.

Cheap thread can break, fray, and stitch poorly. High quality thread is designed for strength, durability and performance on high speed embroidery machines. An excellent embroidery design begins with an excellent embroidery thread. Buying a high quality embroidery thread doesn't mean spending a lot of money, Madeira thread is very affordable at only a few dollars a spool. We consider Madeira to be one of the best thread brands available. Why buy another brand and chance poor embroidery quality?

Embroidery thread is generally available in 3 main types of yarn: Rayon, Polyester and Cotton. There are also some specialty threads like metallic and fire resistant threads, but for the purpose of this article we are gong to stick with the main ones you will be using.

Made from 100% viscose rayon, it is perfectly suited for embroidery on high speed multi-head embroidery machines and home embroidery machines. Rayon thread is known worldwide for high tensile strength and excellent glossy luster and is considered the most flexible of embroidery threads due to its softness and pliability.

Rayon can be stitched out in any direction, will lie flat in the most intricate of designs and run flawlessly without thread breaks when a good quality thread is chosen. Less abrasive than polyester thread, rayon is softer against skin and gentle on the working parts of your embroidery machine. It is tested to run an average of 400,000 stitches before a thread break occurs.

Made from 100% polyester, Madeira Polyneon polyester embroidery thread is strong and constructed of a specially developed raw material intended to eliminate looping, puckering and thread breaks. Vibrant colors are glossy, as well as resistant to chlorine bleach, making this thread ideal for commercial linens or any application where the end product will be subjected to harsh laundering. Polyester threads offer the best balance of cost vs. performance and are a great thread for beginner embroiderers.

Embroidery threads are usually available in several different thread weights, with 40 being the most common. The majority of embroidery designs are digitized for 40-weight thread. The 40 weight thread should be your go to thread for all around everyday embroidery.

The second most common is the finer and lighter 60 weight. You would want to use it anywhere fine detail or small lettering is required and for decorative stitching on delicate fabrics. When you have a design digitized, you should try to indicate which areas of the design will be stitched in 60 weight so that the digitizer can try to avoid having to use fill.

Most thread is available on two sizes: 1,100 yd mini snap cones also known as spools and 5,500 yd cones. You will get approximately 200,000 stitches out of the minis and about 1 million out of the larger cones. It takes the yardage of five spools to equal the yardage in one large cone. Stock up on your everyday colors in the large cones and buy the minis for specialty jobs. If you have a single needle home embroidery machine, you will need to buy a separate thread stand to use the large embroidery thread cones.

Our online embroidery supplies store sells all the products you need for your embroidery machine. One stop shopping on our website offers low discounted prices, large in stock inventory, excellent customer service, and free shipping options.

Simplicity PRO Polyester Embroidery ThreadThe perfect complement to your Brother embroidery machine! But don't let the Simplicity PRO name fool you - this thread works great on all brands of machines, too! Each spool is 1000 meters of beautiful polyester thread.

With our advanced search function, you can simply type in a generic color such as 'purple embroidery floss' to discover the whole range of purples we have to offer. The search bar will automatically pop up with the most relevant items. If what you are looking for is not there, hit 'Enter' or click the magnifying glass icon, it will take you to a page with the full results.

You can also search for the exact color of embroidery floss you want by typing in the color number. The top search box, searches everything in our entire store. If you want to search within embroidery floss only, navigate to the Embroidery & Cross Stitch page and use the search box below the filters.

But if you're in the Big Bear area and would rather come see the embroidery thread in person before you commit, you can pre-select all the colors you want from our website and make a shopping list. From there it's a very simply task to get all the right colors together for you in store!

-You can always purchase online, orders over $60 will have FREE shipping anywhere in the continental US. If you can't find what you're looking for on our website, please give us a call on 1-888-538-2725 so we can provide you with personalized service over the phone.

EASY STORAGE: All 40 spools are packed in a practical and firm cardboard box that you can keep using to store your spools. Get a thread rack if you want to have your threads neatly organized and on display in your sewing room.

In general, you can embroider on any fabric. Cotton, wool, linen, felt, or even denim and leather, can be used as a canvas for creating beautiful embroidery. However, keep in mind that thicker fabrics require sturdier needles, and thinner fabrics have a tendency to pucker when stitching bold embroidery letters or filled in shapes. When in doubt, stick with cotton or linen-cotton blend fabrics with a medium weave.

Pearl CottonAnother popular option is two-stranded pearl cotton floss. Consisting of two threads twisted together, this floss is intended to be used as one piece and produces a result that is thicker and shinier than stranded cotton. The most common brands of pearl cotton are DMC and Anchor.

Embroidery or Crewel NeedlesThis type of needle has a medium-sized eye slightly larger than the shaft of the needle. They come in sizes 1-12 with 12 being the smallest. The idea is to choose a needle large enough for your thread choice to fit through the eye, but not so large that it leaves an unsightly hole in the fabric. I tend to choose a size 3 or 4 when using all 6 strands of DMC floss (or pearl cotton) and a size 8 or 9 needle for almost everything else. Embroidery needles often come in packages containing multiple sizes which makes it easy to try out different needles. Needle StorageSince no one wants loose needles floating around, using some type of needle storage is key. Magnetic Needle Box:These boxes are made of metal or plastic and contain a magnet inside to hold the needles. I like this option for storing all the needles I am using for my current project. Needle Storage Tubes:Another small and simple storage solution. These tubes are great for long term needle storage. Each plastic tube has a magnet at the bottom that holds the needles in place. Simply flip the tube upside down and the needles slide out in a fan shape while staying attached to the magnet. I have labels on my storage tubes so I know what size needles are in each one.Needle Minder: Since I am constantly finding my needles on the floor, on the couch, and in even in my clothing(!), using a needle minder is a must. This super simple product is basically just two strong magnets stuck together on either side of your project, creating the perfect spot to hold your needle. No more needles on the couch!

I would suggest visiting a store like Joanne Fabrics or Michaels where they have a display of DMC threads and picking out a few that you like from each color group. Staring with 20 or so colors would be a good start and then you can add more as needed. Many of the colors are very similar and while at this point I have most of them in my collection, I find myself using the same 20-30 over and over again.

GEM Thread is a brand of embroidery thread synonymous with quality. Founded in Thailand under Rapos Group, GEM Thread is the trusted choice for brands & factories worldwide. Our product range includes polyester embroidery thread, metallic yarn & prewound bobbin. 041b061a72

About

Welcome to the group! You can connect with other members, ge...

Members

Group Page: Groups_SingleGroup
bottom of page